register   nodelist   faq

rocksolid / rocksolid.nodes / nice work on the overboard for rslight

SubjectAuthor
* nice work on the overboard for rslightanonymous
+* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
|`- Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
`* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
 `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  +* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightanonymous
  |`* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  | `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightAnonUser
  |  `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightRetro Guy
  |   `- Re: nice work on the overboard for rslighttrw
  `* Re: nice work on the overboard for rslightMei

Subject: nice work on the overboard for rslight
From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous) (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 22:37 BST
I like it. Can you put in reverse sorting, too (so newest message on top) ?
And is that already part of the sources you have linked on the frontpage ?

cheers

trw
Posted on def2

Subject: Re: nice work on the overboard for rslight
From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 00:11 BST
On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 21:37:24 -0000 (UTC)
anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous) wrote:

I like it. Can you put in reverse sorting, too (so newest message on
top) ? And is that already part of the sources you have linked on the
frontpage ?

Thanks!

I am working on reversing the order, but there have been a few bugs
holding that up. I'll keep at it.

No, the overboard is not in the 0.6.2 source (linked on the site). It's
not ready yet, there are some underlying functions that are kind of a
hack right now and I want to clean that up. But wanted to go live for
testing.

Also, search probably won't ever be in the sources, it's not really a
part of rslight, it just displays in it (it reads the news spool), but
overboard is planned to be released soon.

Retro Guy

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy) (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 03:00 BST
Retro Guy wrote:

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 21:37:24 -0000 (UTC)
anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous) wrote:

I like it. Can you put in reverse sorting, too (so newest message on
top) ? And is that already part of the sources you have linked on the
frontpage ?

Thanks!

I am working on reversing the order, but there have been a few bugs
holding that up. I'll keep at it.

Ok, I think I have the sorting correct now, newest on top.

It was just being sorted by message number previously.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy) (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 03:54 BST
anonymous wrote:

I like it. Can you put in reverse sorting, too (so newest message on top) ?
And is that already part of the sources you have linked on the frontpage ?

cheers

trw
Posted on def2

I just sent you a copy of the source for the overboard. It currently relies on the news spool, but I'm pretty sure you're running inn on the def2 machine, so if you want to run it, go ahead :)

It will be changed, upgraded and improved over time, but it works now. I do plan to remove dependence on inn.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy) (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 05:03 BST
Retro Guy wrote:

I just sent you a copy of the source for the overboard. It currently relies on the news spool, but I'm pretty sure you're running inn on the def2 machine, so if you want to run it, go ahead :)

It will be changed, upgraded and improved over time, but it works now. I do plan to remove dependence on inn.

Since I still have time today to keep working on it, I've made a couple of changes. I've removed the quoted part of the article when producing the snippet to display, which I think looks much better, and doesn't just show a bunch of messages with the same quoted text.

I have sent you another copy of overboard.php with these changes.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous) (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 10:57 BST
very cool, i integrated that in def2.
Posted on def2

From: Mei@rslight.i2p (Mei) (Mei)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 22:35 BST
Retro Guy wrote:

Retro Guy wrote:

I just sent you a copy of the source for the overboard. It currently relies on the news spool, but I'm pretty sure you're running inn on the def2 machine, so if you want to run it, go ahead :)

It will be changed, upgraded and improved over time, but it works now. I do plan to remove dependence on inn.

Since I still have time today to keep working on it, I've made a couple of changes.

I've removed the quoted part of the article when producing the snippet to display, which I think looks much better, and doesn't just show a bunch of messages with the same quoted text.

I have sent you another copy of overboard.php with these changes.

Retro Guy

Don't go overboard with the hackery and pushing it at trw! It may be too much forum :P

Also happy Day of the Programmer :) Let's have a party and some programmer snacks! A bit of fun and a byte to eat, today's the day for quite a treat! I'll let you PHP people bake the cookies :P
--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser) (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 11:20 BST
Mei wrote:

Also happy Day of the Programmer :) Let's have a party and some programmer snacks! A bit of fun and a byte to eat, today's the day for quite a treat! I'll let you PHP people bake the cookies :P

I never heard of Day of the Programmer, but sure enough, it's real!

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 10:19 BST
Just managed to get the 'snippet' selection (part of the message show in overboard) to be consistent between standard Usenet posts and Synchronet posts.

I really wanted to have the same code for both, and it seems to be working.

I'm running retrobbs using the newest overboard code, and it's getting it's info from the spool created by my spoolnews script. So far so good.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on RetroBBS

From: anonuser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 12:35 BST
looks good. also the fact that it runs without a news server on the same machine is very nice...it becomes easier and easier to set up new nodes...

cheers

trw
--
Posted on RetroBBS