From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.encryption
Subject: The ISP Spy with a sense of humor
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 12:41:25 -0500
 by: Guest - Tue, 24 Nov 2020 17:41 UTC

With the pandemic and bad weather I can find locations where I can see anybody coming from afar and test my "crap" connections.

So I set up and let it rip. About an hour later the ISP "dude" shows up. I take a picture and ask "How's life treating you Spy?". He opens some door and flips the power switch off to the Internet. I continue "Your problem is that I can live without the Internet but you are to old to start at McDonald's. They will give you the .50 cents retirement plan." He had some sense of humor because he said "you are right".

--
Posted on def3

say what now ?

<ec.294.40uy43@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=51&group=rocksolid.shared.encryption#51

From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.encryption
Subject: say what now ?
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 11:44:35 -0800
 by: Anonymous - Tue, 24 Nov 2020 19:44 UTC

not sure why this post went to encryption, or did I just not understand ?
why was your internet cut off ? "let it rip" = download some copyrighted content ?

--
Posted on def2