From: yyy@novabbs.i2p.lan (YY)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: FUDforum: database setup fails
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 10:10:42 +0000
 by: YY - Fri, 31 Jan 2020 10:10 UTC

I could not get fudforum to work because the bloody database would not be initialised.

So there was no database at all for the fudforum.

WTF? I ran everythin from sources, since of course the softalicious installer for fudforum is complete crap.

Re: FUDforum: database setup fails

<31edb7fddfc2c110119e64336ae398d7@def4>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: Re: FUDforum: database setup fails
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 21:06:45+0000
 by: anon - Fri, 31 Jan 2020 21:06 UTC

fudforum is a bit picky with the database settings, that's true. also,it needs to be patched in several places, see this thread:
http://def4.i2p/bbs/main.sh?Group_id=rocksolid.nodes.help&Msg_id=2&Reply_id=Message-ID:%20%3Cqnun1g$pu$1@i2pn2.org%3E&Showthread=y
Use rslight first, that one is easy to setup.

And btw, asking the same questions over and over does not get you more answers, but it gets some people annoyed.

cheers

trw

Posted on def4