Subject: Re: fucking eu fuckers are at it again
From: 2893293829
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 05:35 UTC
From: 2893293829@anon.com (2893293829)
To: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 05:35:53 +0000
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
View all headers

and once more, the eu is just one vote away from desaster:

https://juliareda.eu/2019/02/eu-copyright-final-text/

Article 13: Upload filters

Parliament negotiator Axel Voss accepted the deal between France and Germany I laid out in a recent blog post:

    Commercial sites and apps where users can post material must make “best efforts” to preemptively buy licences for anything that users may possibly upload – that is: all copyrighted content in the world. An impossible feat.
    In addition, all but very few sites (those both tiny and very new) will need to do everything in their power to prevent anything from ever going online that may be an unauthorised copy of a work that a rightsholder has registered with the platform. They will have no choice but to deploy upload filters, which are by their nature both expensive and error-prone.
    Should a court ever find their licensing or filtering efforts not fierce enough, sites are directly liable for infringements as if they had committed them themselves. This massive threat will lead platforms to over-comply with these rules to stay on the safe side, further worsening the impact on our freedom of speech.

Article 11
Article 11: The “link tax”

The final version of this extra copyright for news sites closely resembles the version that already failed in Germany – only this time not limited to search engines and news aggregators, meaning it will do damage to a lot more websites.

    Reproducing more than “single words or very short extracts” of news stories will require a licence. That will likely cover many of the snippets commonly shown alongside links today in order to give you an idea of what they lead to. We will have to wait and see how courts interpret what “very short” means in practice – until then, hyperlinking (with snippets) will be mired in legal uncertainty.
    No exceptions are made even for services run by individuals, small companies or non-profits, which probably includes any monetised blogs or websites.

Posted on def4

Subject: Brothers say Jussie Smollett paid them to participate in alleged attack
From: anonymous
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 11:29 UTC
From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous) (anonymous)
To: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 11:29:11 +0000
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
View all headers
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jussie-smollett-case-brothers-say-empire-actor-paid-them-to-participate-in-alleged-attack-source-says-2019-02-16/

Like nobody saw this coming-

Brothers say Jussie Smollett paid them to participate in alleged attack, source says

    Share
    Tweet
    Reddit
    Flipboard
    Email Last Updated Feb 17, 2019 3:09 AM EST

The two Nigerian brothers arrested in connection with the assault on "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett are no longer suspects in the attack. They're now cooperating with police.

A source close to the investigation confirms to CBS News the brothers told detectives Smollett paid them to participate in the alleged attack on January 29 and that they purchased the rope — which was found around Smollett's neck — at a nearby hardware store. The source said detectives have evidence to corroborate the sale, something the men's attorney alluded to Friday night.

"New evidence that was brought to their attention, obviously I had it, my clients had it," said Gloria Schmidt, the brothers' attorney.

The Chicago Police Department released a statement Saturday night saying information from the brothers had "shifted the trajectory of the investigation."

"We can confirm that the information received from the individuals questioned by police earlier in the Empire case has in fact shifted the trajectory of the investigation. We've reached out to the Empire cast member's attorney to request a follow-up interview."

Smollett's attorneys, Todd S. Pugh and Victor P. Henderson, issued a statement late Saturday saying Smollett was "angered and devastated" by reports that he knew the people associated with the alleged attack.

"One of these purported suspects was Jussie's personal trainer who he hired to ready him physically for a music video. It is impossible to believe that this person could have played a role in the crime against Jussie or would falsely claim Jussie's complicity," the statement said.

The attorneys said the actor would continue to cooperate with authorities as the investigation continues. "At the present time, Jussie and his attorneys have no inclination to respond to 'unnamed' sources inside of the investigation, but will continue discussions through official channels," the statement said.

Police said the two men — identified as Ola and Abel Osundairo — were captured on surveillance video at the time that Smollett said he was attacked.

Ola Osundairo is connected to Smollett through the hit show "Empire" where he played a prisoner in season two.

Both brothers apparently left Chicago on the day of the alleged attack and were detained when they returned Wednesday. Chicago detectives tore through their apartment looking for clues, and an evidence log shows they found ropes, masks and bleach. They were released Friday night without charges.
Jussie Smollett
Jussie Smollett at the New York City Center on Nov. 28, 2018. Theo Wargo / Getty

A Chicago Police Department spokesperson said "detectives have additional investigative work to complete."

In a recent interview with "Good Morning America," Smollett said he was sure the men in the photo were his attackers.

"And then I see the attacker, masked. And he said, 'This is MAGA country, n*****.' Punches me right in the face. So, I punched his ass back," Smollett said. "I think what people need to hear is just the truth."

Smollett has not spoken publicly about the arrest and subsequent release of the two brothers. Earlier this week, Chicago police said Smollett is still being treated as a victim, not a suspect.

An attorney for Smollett did not immediately return CBS News' request for comment.
--
Posted on def2

Subject: Guaido's Gov't Exists Only in Social Networks and Media
From: AnonUser
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 13:37 UTC
From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser) (AnonUser)
To: rocksolid.shared.news
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 13:37:58 +0000
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.news
View all headers
Still waiting for this stupid game to play out. America doesn't give a shit about people in other countries, Americans do, but not America.

https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201903081073048099-venezuela-spain-guaido-media/?utm_source=short_direct&utm_medium=short_url&utm_content=kTkE&utm_campaign=URL_shortening

Political Scientist: Guaido's Gov't Exists Only in Social Networks and Media
© AP Photo / Fernando Llano
Opinion
07:41 08.03.2019(updated 07:42 08.03.2019) Get short URL
0 21

The government of the self-proclaimed president of Venezuela, Juan Guaido, can be called elusive: everyone talks about it, but no one can prove that it really exists, that's what political scientist and Latin American relations expert Arantxa Tirado told Sputnik.

Tirado lived in Venezuela in 2011 and since returning to her native Spain, she has been back to Venezuela four times and has had strong ties to the country for the last 15 years.

During her last trip in February of this year, Tirado admitted that she felt how the economic blockade and crisis had hit the people of Venezuela, so the atmosphere was different from what she was used to.

In this photo released by Colombia's presidential press office, Venezuelan opposition leader Juan Guaido, who declared himself interim president of Venezuela, is escorted by Air Force Gen. Luis Carlos Cordoba, right, and Colombian Foreign Minister Carlos Holmes Trujillo during a welcome ceremony for him at the military airport in Bogota, Colombia, Sunday, Feb. 24, 2019
© AP Photo / Colombian presidential press office / Efrain Herrera
Guaido Claims Venezuelan Gov't Threatening Germany After Envoy's Expulsion
There was hyperinflation and she faced difficulties when buying certain products outside the CLAP (Local Committees for Supply and Production) programme, through which the government guarantees priority foods and products for the people.

"In addition, there was the threat of a military invasion and aggression by the self-proclaimed President Guaido and his government, which I, of course, didn't come about on any of the streets of Caracas, and that constantly created tension," Tirado said.

According to the political scientist, she expected that upon arrival she would find barricades at every corner, as in 2017. That is how the situation was described by the Spanish media. However, it is completely at odds with reality. The United States wasn't able to play out the desired scenario.

"In another country it would be unthinkable for someone to declare himself president, call for military intervention, undermine constitutional order, call the legitimate president an usurper, go on an international tour of third countries whose presidents support the siege of the Venezuelan border, which occurred on February 23 in Cucuta, and return," the expert noted.

Tirado stressed that we must not respond to White House National Security Adviser John Bolton's provocations, he said that attempts to prevent the return of Guaido to Venezuela would be met with "a strong and significant response" from the United States.

"Bolton is sending this message to justify possible US actions. In Guaido's place, I would be more worried about my supposed allies, and not about the Venezuelan government, because perhaps these allies are more interested in sacrificing their pawn Guaido, to move on to the next scenario, since this one has already failed."

Tirado is certain that everything that happens with Venezuela "is part of a well-planned fourth-generation war".

Gold ingots
CC0
Self-Proclaimed President Guaido Urges US Citibank to Delay Venezuelan Gold Repurchase – Report
As for the countries that have decided to recognise Guaido as the President of Venezuela, the political scientist notes that there are people in the world who are giving in to pressure from the United States, consciously or unconsciously.

"I don't know what's right out of this for Spain because sometimes I get the impression that they don't understand anything and sometimes they understand too much," she said, citing what happened a few weeks ago as an example when Spanish Foreign Minister Josep Borrell criticized Guaido's actions.

When asked whether he recognized the representative of Guaido in Spain, Josep Borrell said: "To whom did he declare [that he is president]? What, did he just go out on a square and declare it, or how did it happen?"

Tirado believes that this humorous remark is not very typical for the Spanish Foreign Minister, while commenting on the actions of another government. In her opinion, it is obvious that Borrell is amused by this situation, and neither he nor the Spanish government believes in Guaido as the president. But since the US gave instructions to recognise him, they did.

According to the political scientist, recognition of Guaido as president by Spain is not a very sensible step, "because if the US gets to the Venezuelan oil, then the Spanish oil company Repsol, which is in the Orinoco oil belt, may suffer." It is highly likely that Spain will not like the new division of resources by the United States.

Speaking of humanitarian aid, Arantxa Tirado quotes geopolitical expert and a Spanish army colonel serving in a reserve capacity, Pedro Baños, who said that "in reality, humanitarian aid is of no interest to Guaido, and it's all a play for the international media."

Venezuelan opposition leader Juan Guaido
© REUTERS / Luisa Gonzalez
‘Guaido Is the Bait’: US Tries to Provoke Caracas as Support for Coup Wanes
READ MORE: German Minister REVEALS Why Guaido Wasn't Arrested Upon His Return to Venezuela

"The government of Guaido exists only in social networks and in the media, and even less and less, because even on Spanish television he's not called an interim president, but as the chairman of the National Assembly and the self-proclaimed interim president. In other words, they do not recognize his self-proclaimed post," Tirado emphasized.

She believes that there is more proof that all this is a farce, which is the fact that part of this humanitarian aid was already in Caracas, but delivery was planned only after a coup d'état.

"If they [Guaido and the countries that support him] really believe that the people of Venezuela are dying of hunger and in need of humanitarian aid, then you need to see what products it's made up of. I watched USAID footage and saw toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc. All of it is not food, and all of this is already sold in Caracas, as proved by the American journalist Max Blumenthal in a video that he shot."

According to Tirado, this is about a psychological military operation with the aim to show the world that the Maduro government does not want humanitarian aid to enter the country and that it sets fire to trucks [with aid], "which, as we know, were set on fire by the opposition, not the Maduro government".

"The scenario of the humanitarian crisis was artificially invented and not based on the problems that Venezuela is facing, something I have never denied. There are some economic problems, there is the problem of hyperinflation, but this does not automatically develop into a humanitarian crisis. Because if we are talking about a humanitarian crisis in Venezuela, then why is it not in Argentina?" — the political scientist wonders.

"Last November, I saw people in Argentina, whole families sleeping on the streets, and no one talks about the need to interfere in Argentina's affairs. And I'm not even talking about the Central America countries. Migrants are fleeing Central America, people literally risk their lives passing through Mexico, where drug mafia, kidnapping, sexual slavery, and the rape of migrants is flourishing, and no one says anything! " — Tirado exclaimed, expressing her outrage.

READ MORE: IMF Undecided on Guaido's Recognition, Says Situation in Venezuela Very Fluid

Meanwhile, the president of Honduras allows loads of so-called humanitarian aid to be sent to Venezuela, although he himself is in charge of one of the poorest countries in Latin America, the Spanish expert reminded, who has no doubt that Venezuela is facing a difficult economic situation but is no worse than in the neighbouring states to which no humanitarian aid is being sent.

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light.

1
rocksolid light 0.6.8