From: trw@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Subject: usage stats def4
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2019 21:25:59+0000
 by: trw - Fri, 8 Mar 2019 21:25 UTC
Attachments: "def4_groups.jpg" (image/jpeg)

top twelve viewed groups, i never knew how many people are interested in learning about english language...

i will implement that feature pretty soon, i hope...

cheers

trw

Posted on def4

Attachments:
Re: usage stats def4

<20190308161317.00e8f5d1@desktop14.dt>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Subject: Re: usage stats def4
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 16:13:17 -0700
 by: Retro Guy - Fri, 8 Mar 2019 23:13 UTC

On Fri, 08 Mar 2019 21:25:59+0000
trw <trw@anon.com> wrote:

> top twelve viewed groups, i never knew how many people are interested
> in learning about english language...

It looks like a.p.scorched-earth was not on rocksolid2, so it might not
be up to date on your end.

I've just added it so it should propagate now.

> i will implement that feature pretty soon, i hope...

I plan to learn english language soon also :)

Retro Guy

Re: usage stats def4

<3628271561a449fb8203f6a04f4e9b1f@def4>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
From: trw@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2019 23:00:33+0000
 by: trw - Sat, 9 Mar 2019 23:00 UTC

>It looks like a.p.scorched-earth was not on rocksolid2, so it
>might not be up to date on your end. I've just added it so it
>should propagate now.

thats right, i never noticed. looks like it is still not up to date, and also the order of the articles is wrong (seems like another bug in the indexing...).

> > i will implement that feature pretty soon, i hope... I plan
>to learn english language soon also :)

i meant the feature most viewed topics and groups.
also, i will introduce categories like rslight has, to make the groups easier to browse.

Posted on def4

Re: usage stats def4

<20190311080148.7109d86e@desktop14.dt>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 08:01:48 -0700
 by: Retro Guy - Mon, 11 Mar 2019 15:01 UTC

On Sat, 09 Mar 2019 23:00:33+0000
trw <trw@anon.com> wrote:

> >It looks like a.p.scorched-earth was not on rocksolid2, so it
> >might not be up to date on your end. I've just added it so it
> >should propagate now.
>
> thats right, i never noticed. looks like it is still not up to date,
> and also the order of the articles is wrong (seems like another bug
> in the indexing...).

Just took a look at the messages on upstream servers for that group and
my logs. Every single message (not many) were caught by the spam filter
here (Cleanfeed/NoCeM). It's feeding, but nothing posted but spam in a
while it seems. (Loose definition of 'spam' here to include
'offtopic crap')

> > > i will implement that feature pretty soon, i hope... I plan
> >to learn english language soon also :)
>
> i meant the feature most viewed topics and groups.
> also, i will introduce categories like rslight has, to make the
> groups easier to browse.

Nice. Stats are always interesting and help the admin know where to
focus attention (what do users want?)

You can view rocksolid2 stats here: http://rslight.i2p/inn/

Retro Guy