From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,alt.privacy
Subject: Re: Phone call recording app
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 13:05:49 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 17:05 UTC

The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com> wrote

> What about a separate 'recorder' app and then putting your phone on speaker?

Just like they can't stop us from recording an image that displays on the
screen (even if they disallow screenshotting in the latest Android
versions), they can't stop you from recording any phone call.

The _easiest_ way I know of I've been testing for a few days for you, and
(so far) it works beautifully (surprisingly so as I had expected glitches).
*Tutorial: Installing open-source automatic call recording (ACR) on Android 13+ Samsung Galaxy*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/7mCHCktUuKw>

The dozen or so recorded phone calls I've done since are all crystal clear.

Having said that, there are a bunch of other methods, so all I want people
to do is STOP saying that it can't be done. It can be done.

People are concluding the wrong thing from the facts.
a. The facts show Google is hindering call recording, that's for sure.
b. But the facts show that you _can_ do call recording on any Android.

You just have to know how to do it.
--
Usenet is a venue for intelligent people to widely share their knowledge.

computers / alt.privacy / Re: Phone call recording app