Subject: New moderation policy for def2
From: Anonymous
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 17:32 UTC
Attachments: flush.jpg (image/jpeg)
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 09:32:56 -0800
logging-data="15621"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
View all headers
This is just to let everyone know that on top of the stuff already listed in the faq, from now on I will also delete a lot of pointless stuff I tolerated so far. Like:

-repetitions of links to other imagesboards, forums etc
-postings saying "asdf" or similar
-postings saying "teach me how to hack"
-postings saying "I want porn"
-postings having nothing to do with the op, especially for older threads

The list is not covering everything, think you will get the picture though.
Also, I activated debumping on def2, so that old threads will be put off the overboard after a pointless new post post has been deleted.
Shitposting can be fun, but overall there is just too much of it lately, and I decided that I would rather have  slow traffic, than to make the board annoying and unusable.

When def3 goes back online, the same way of moderation will be implemented.

cheers

trw

Attachments: flush.jpg
Subject: Re: New moderation policy for def2
From: Retro Guy
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2021 10:47 UTC
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2021 03:47:17 -0700
From: retro_guy@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
View all headers
On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 09:32:56 -0800
Anonymous <poster@anon.com> wrote:

This is just to let everyone know that on top of the stuff already
listed in the faq, from now on I will also delete a lot of pointless
stuff I tolerated so far. Like:
The list is not covering everything, think you will get the picture
though. Also, I activated debumping on def2, so that old threads will
be put off the overboard after a pointless new post post has been
deleted. Shitposting can be fun, but overall there is just too much
of it lately, and I decided that I would rather have  slow traffic,
than to make the board annoying and unusable.

It's a good idea. Nobody wants a board full of crap as new users see
that and assume it's just a spam forum. I fight this battle everyday
also, just that some automation (nocem and spamassassin) either keeps
the post from appearing at all, or it's very easy (quick) do delete on
all my sites at once.

The stuff that appears in r.spam that is not a nocem message is an
automatically redirected post. The post never appears in the intended
group, and I never need to use nocem to handle it. I chose to do this to
help me monitor the spam filters. So far, pretty good. Not perfect, but
that will never happen lol.

Retro Guy

1
rocksolid light 0.7.2