From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Subject: vichan and rslight
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 23:57 UTC
 by: Retro Guy - Tue, 2 Jun 2020 23:57 UTC

Now that def is close to having vichan working independent of rslight (if desired), I'm really looking forward to seeing both interfaces implemented.

Once ready, I'd like to deploy a vichan site on my end also, maybe in tor. Since I have now completely dropped fudforum, I'd like to have two interfaces going.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
www.novabbs.com

Re: vichan and rslight

<af47f5c0e519077aa6b86daf82701cd1@def4>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Subject: Re: vichan and rslight
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 21:57:24+0000
 by: anon - Wed, 3 Jun 2020 21:57 UTC

>Once ready,

what is ready for you ? i will deploy the first quick hack soon on def2, and i can share the code with you of course, but until i would officially publish the code it will be a while yet.
i mean, it is all very simple, stable and safe (i believe), but it is not in anyway elegant or sophisticated.

>I'd like to deploy a vichan site on my end also, maybe in tor.

i am tempted to go on tor as well, but i need more time to understand the whole thing better (i mean vichan).

>Since I have now completely dropped fudforum, I'd like to have two interfaces going.

i think that's a wise move, as it will support the overall stability of the network. if the vichan surface is accepted well, i could also think about dropping it. on the other hand, def3 is the node with the most visitors by far on my end, so people really seem to like this forum style. let's see.

btw if you roll out vichan as well, we could take it a little further and update these two nodes directly with each other without using any news servers in between. i have to finish the other stuff first, but i think it is just a few little modifications it would need to accomplish that.

cheers

trw

Posted on def4