From: I2PBOY@rslight.i2p (I2PBOY)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Subject: Is this site completely anonymous?
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 10:48 UTC
 by: I2PBOY - Mon, 1 Jun 2020 10:48 UTC

I use I2P to access this site.
--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
novabbs.i2p

Re: Is this site completely anonymous?

<c062724324cf2b2a25b4070c4c133203$1@rslight.i2p>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Subject: Re: Is this site completely anonymous?
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 11:41 UTC
 by: AnonUser - Mon, 1 Jun 2020 11:41 UTC

I2PBOY wrote:

> I use I2P to access this site.

Nothing is completely anonymous, but it's a lot better than clearnet. It depends on who's after you, some person, some company, or some big government. It takes more resources to figure out who you are on i2p (and somewhat on tor) than on clearnet.

Your biggest mistake would probably be to show enough similarity to your rl persona that they can guess who you are.

--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p

what is that ?

<n.261.44ywpz@anon.com>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Subject: what is that ?
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 05:04:49 -0700
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 1 Jun 2020 12:04 UTC

there is no such thing as "completely" anonymous. you always leave traces that others can try to pick up just by turning on your router and laptop and connecting to the internet.
are the chances good for some random person to follow you here and find out who you are ? no. so don't worry.
by using i2p you will anybody trying to follow you a hard time.
state adversaries or your own stupidity might still get you, though. :-)

Re: what is that ?

<90f282e065a9312743039f411df2b5ee$1@novabbs.i2p>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Subject: Re: what is that ?
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 02:45 UTC
 by: AnonUser - Tue, 2 Jun 2020 02:45 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

> there is no such thing as "completely" anonymous. you always leave traces that others can try to pick up just by turning on your router and laptop and connecting to the internet.
> are the chances good for some random person to follow you here and find out who you are ? no. so don't worry.
> by using i2p you will anybody trying to follow you a hard time.
> state adversaries or your own stupidity might still get you, though. :-)

First, I only found this forum through I2P.
Second, I'm not a criminal.
So, good luck to all of you every day. :-)
--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
novabbs.i2p

Re: what is that ?

<e22362cc6d149eb8cf4a955bdcaec621$1@www.novabbs.com>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 02:57 UTC
 by: Retro Guy - Tue, 2 Jun 2020 02:57 UTC

AnonUser wrote:

> Anonymous wrote:

>> there is no such thing as "completely" anonymous. you always leave traces that others can try to pick up just by turning on your router and laptop and connecting to the internet.
>> are the chances good for some random person to follow you here and find out who you are ? no. so don't worry.
>> by using i2p you will anybody trying to follow you a hard time.
>> state adversaries or your own stupidity might still get you, though. :-)

> First, I only found this forum through I2P.
> Second, I'm not a criminal.
> So, good luck to all of you every day. :-)

Thank you :)

BTW, the admins of these sites are not criminals either, just people who value their privacy and are interested in working with software and projects that help others to do the same.

The comments above were in trying to answer the questions accurately, and not give a false sense of security.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
www.novabbs.com

you think ?

<n.267.8sdlx@anon.com>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Subject: you think ?
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 01:03:54 -0700
 by: Anonymous - Tue, 2 Jun 2020 08:03 UTC

>Second, I'm not a criminal.

this depends on the jurisdiction that judges you.
and what might be true today might be different tomorrow.

criminal or not: to be anon is best.

--
Posted on def2.i2p