From: Anonymous@news.novabbs.org (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Subject: Dos attack on rocksolid
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 16:34:11 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 30 Aug 2023 16:34 UTC

It has been mentioned in another thread by Retro Guy that his servers are under constant attack.
Seems like this attack is working via dns now:
I can perfectly well reach https://novabbs.org/, which I use for posting right now, as well as http://fev4bgoasgxttqb3x3tukxxia6lwryteq6a2ramqb2gjiol3zbu6xaid.onion, but not https://rocksolidbbs.com/. Unless these are in fact different machines.

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light

Re: Dos attack on rocksolid

<44056d14d1724f5b1fb1af93d1c82e77@rocksolidbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=284&group=rocksolid.shared.rocksolid#284

Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 12:26:56 +0000
Subject: Re: Dos attack on rocksolid
From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
 by: Retro Guy - Thu, 31 Aug 2023 12:26 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

> It has been mentioned in another thread by Retro Guy that his servers are under constant attack.
> Seems like this attack is working via dns now:
> I can perfectly well reach https://novabbs.org/, which I use for posting right now, as well as http://fev4bgoasgxttqb3x3tukxxia6lwryteq6a2ramqb2gjiol3zbu6xaid.onion, but not https://rocksolidbbs.com/. Unless these are in fact different machines.

Thanks for taking the time to check on this.

rocksolidbbs.com is a different server than novabbs.com, and is hosted in Europe (the others are in U.S.).

I sometimes can't access rocksolidbbs.com from wifi locations I may use, but it is up and running.

So, novabbs.org, novabbs.com and rocksolidbbs.com are three different servers in three different locations.

--
Retro Guy