Subject: Re: def4 is not working (well)
From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 09:24 UTC
On Fri, 05 Apr 2019 09:01:44+0000
rrtertert <rrtertert@anon.com> wrote:

turns out the messages have been synced (at least partly), but bbs
did not display them. there must be some fuckup in the indexing
engine. guess faulty regex.

Posted on def4

If you have any inn errors, they should show up in the log files
in /var/log/news

Maybe a rebuild of history/overview is needed? It's time consuming.
Last time I did that, I went to bed then forgot to restart inn2 the
next day. I should have just added the restart at the end of the script.

From: trw@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 16:50 UTC

luckily it seems that there is nothing wring with inn (although it might require a minimum space, that i have to find out yet). but mostly the root cause should be in my own scripts, which is kind of a relieve...

cheers

trw

Posted on def4

1