From: usenet@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News - World
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 20:20:03 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Thu, 9 Dec 2021 20:20 UTC

Omicron: WHO concerned rich countries could hoard vaccines
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-59599058?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 4:17 PM
There are concerns that booster rollouts in wealthy nations could threaten supply to poorer countries.
--------------------
China committed genocide against Uyghurs, independent tribunal rules
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-59595952?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 1:51 PM
A London-based unofficial tribunal says China is deliberately preventing births among Uyghurs.
--------------------
China warns nations will 'pay price' for Olympic boycott
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-59592347?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 10:43 AM
The US, UK, Australia and Canada won't be sending government representatives to the Winter Olympics.
--------------------
New Zealand to ban cigarettes for future generations
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-59589775?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 10:52 AM
No New Zealander born after 2008 will be able to buy tobacco under proposed new health laws.
--------------------
Kenya police recruits brag: 'We are the bad ones'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-59598455?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 5:48 PM
A video of Kenyan police recruits acting in an intimidating fashion is widely condemned.
--------------------
In pictures: Israel hands seized relics to Egypt
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-59571712?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 3:59 PM
The haul includes figurines of ancient queens, hieroglyphic inscriptions and burial offerings.
--------------------
Lina Wertmüller: Groundbreaking Italian film director dies aged 93
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59599270?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 5:15 PM
Wertmüller became the first woman ever to be nominated for an Oscar for best director in the 1970s.
--------------------
Ghislaine Maxwell: Jury sent home for day after lawyer falls sick
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59601083?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 5:25 PM
The lawyer - who has a non-Covid-related illness - is needed for questioning of an upcoming witness.
--------------------
Ethiopia war: UN halts food aid in two towns after warehouses looted
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-59588956?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 3:51 PM
Aid workers faced extreme intimidation and were held at gunpoint by looters, the UN says.
--------------------
Woman fined €1,200 for causing Tour de France pile-up
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59582145?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 2:27 PM
The woman's cardboard sign brought down dozens of cyclists during a stage of the elite race in June.
--------------------
Farm laws: India farmers end protest after government accepts demands
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-59566157?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 1:03 PM
The announcement was made after hectic negotiations between farmer groups and the government.
--------------------
Saudi camel beauty pageant cracks down on cosmetic enhancements
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-59593001?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 4:34 PM
More than 40 camels are disqualified for receiving injections and other cosmetic enhancements.
--------------------
Africa needs China and the US to work together
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-59531176?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 12:23 AM
The US promotes democracy and China builds infrastructure but people in Africa want both.
--------------------
Myanmar coup: The women abused and tortured in detention
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-59462503?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 12:15 AM
Women held for protesting against a military takeover say they were sexually assaulted and tortured.
--------------------
Afghan women: Secret diaries of changing lives
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-59578618?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 12:18 AM
Five women's secret diary posts, sent to the BBC, reveal how deeply the Taliban takeover has affected them.
--------------------
Covid vaccines: Why is Nigeria unable to use its supply?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/59580982?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 10:26 AM
It's reported that up to one million doses of Covid vaccine in Nigeria have expired and are to be destroyed.
--------------------
Growing up in Iran: Every morning we had to chant ‘Death to America’
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-59553662?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 12:02 AM
Iranian Rana Rahimpour moved to the UK as a young journalist and is now unable to return home for fear of arrest.
--------------------
Colombia gangs: 'Surrender or we'll hunt you down' warns minister
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-59547337?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 8, 2021, 1:41 AM
Following the capture of its most wanted drug lord, Colombia is going after his criminal network.
--------------------
FIA boss: Electric F1 racing is 'simply not possible'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59556016?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 8, 2021, 12:09 AM
With Formula One race distance at 200 miles, switching to electric vehicles remains a long way off.
--------------------
Putin-Biden talks: What next for Ukraine?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59565590?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 7, 2021, 10:33 PM
Russia's president will want to register some kind of victory before his troops return, writes Jonathan Marcus.
--------------------
Afghanistan: Girls' despair as Taliban confirm secondary school ban
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-59565558?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 8, 2021, 12:17 AM
The BBC hears about the ban's harmful impact from teachers and students in 13 Afghan provinces.
--------------------
Omicron and boosters: Your questions answered
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59594000?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 5:03 PM
Will we need regular boosters, can we vaccinate children under 12? Experts answer your questions.
--------------------
China's detention camps: Held in chains for using WhatsApp
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-59585597?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 12:09 AM
Erbakit Otarbay, an ethnic Kazakh, was imprisoned as part of a mass incarceration programme in China.
--------------------
Goalball player Sevda Altunoluk: 'I am the world's best'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59586873?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 12:07 AM
Sevda Altunoluk believes in empowering visually impaired people by encouraging them to compete in sport.
--------------------
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: ‘I want to say what I think’
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59568638?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 9, 2021, 12:05 AM
The Nigerian writer shares her experience of grief and her thoughts on "cancel culture" and trans rights.
US father fired on Zoom describes 'callous' call
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59573075?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
December 7, 2021, 10:01 PM
Dad of five Christian was one of 900 Better.com employees laid-off on a Zoom call, weeks before Christmas.

--
Rocksolid Light Development Site