From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Subject: Microsoft Office 365
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 03:06:36 -0800
logging-data="27953"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 22 Feb 2021 11:06 UTC
Attachments: microsoft-office-gdpr.png (image/png)

My employer is planning on switching to MS office 365 soon, and I have serious concerns about this.
One thing is that I believe it is a dumb move to trust a corp like MS with your company data. While it has always been the case for Windoze users in a way, office 365 takes it to the next level in the sense that the data is not even stored locally any longer. Meaning one successful breakin into the MS data centers will have the potential to create a megaleak (please anonymous, could you ?).
The even more frightening thing to me is the telemetry features (see here:
https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-office-365-banned-in-german-schools-over-privacy-fears/
https://www.zdnet.com/article/dutch-government-report-says-microsoft-office-telemetry-collection-breaks-gdpr/
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/nov/26/microsoft-productivity-score-feature-criticised-workplace-surveillance)
So my question to you: anyone has worked in a company that was using those telemetry features ? What are your experiences ? Did your management use the features to score the employees ? Can you fool the telemetry system ? Are there blind spots in there that can be exploited ?

Any feedback appreciated.

Fuck MS.

Attachments: microsoft-office-gdpr.png