From: Anonymous@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Subject: Adrenaline Rush
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 02:23:58 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Thu, 12 Jan 2023 02:23 UTC

This is a fiction story that takes place soon after the release of Terminator 2.

My regular supplier got out of Dodge and stayed gone for 6 month. In the mean time one Friday afternoon I was feeling the itch and decided to call a friend and use his supplier.

"One of my childhood friends is big time but the minimum buy is 2G."
I was not ready to fork over 2 days of hard labor and I tried to meet my friend half way. "I can do 1G... but how is the QC (quality)?" "Bleach test 80+"

For those that are not familiar with the bleach test here it is:
In a clear glass you add pure bleach 99% and than add a fine grind of the product. The impurities remain on top or sink to the bottom. The product remains as a "suspension". You can estimate purity better than 10% accuracy. I was never any good with the gum test. In movies they show some guy touching with the tongue and I can tell you that I have never ever seen that in real life. My friends claim was that the purity by volume is better than 80%.

When I did not raise my buy limit, my friend came with a quick solution. "Let me call some people and get a pool. If I don't call within an hour the whole thing is off."

45 minutes latter I got the call: "We'll pick you up in 10 (minutes). Get some nice casual attire."

There were 3 people in the car already and I had only one option where to sit: in the back. I forked over the cash to the guy riding shotgun (front passenger) and I was pleasantly surprised that the car was clean with no alcohol or weed smell (that was a first). "My childhood body does not keep cash or product in the house, it is all done by runners." That kind of setup was very common in dangerous areas so I asked. "Is this a "bad" area?" "No dude, he moved there when his kid got into high-school. The schools are good and with some tutoring his kid got into "Prestigious" college."

We got there 20 minutes latter and park about 40 yards from the house and waited. My trained eye immediately noticed a narc undercover car in front of the house and I said: "5 O (cops) at 11 o'clock (direction)." "Don't worry bro those guys are there to scare the customers away, they are not going to do anything." I was fucking worried and so was the guy next to me that started to play with a Zippo (lighter). I looked at him and he pointed to an open bag on the floor with a few sticks of dynamite visible. My first instinct was to bolt and run but I pretended I was bored and taking a nap. My body weight was leaning against the door and I was a loaded spring. The first runner showed up and took the money and the second runner came 50 minutes latter with the product and some advice: "Pass slowly by the narcs and don't look them in the eye." My friend acknowledged with "No Problemo" and I was thinking the guy is a Terminator fan (not good!). When we passed the narcs he opened the window and gave them a dirty look that I could see in the side mirror. About 10 yards away I could not hold it anymore and asked: "What was that all about?" "I wanted them to see my eyeballs and
know that I'm not high he laugh."

Five minutes latter we stopped by a liquor store and I took a cab home. I ran for a long time when I got home and did not touch the product until the next day. Adrenaline rush...

--
Posted on RetroBBS