From: Anonymous@rocksolidbbs.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Subject: Praise the Lord! How I Was Curred of the Hot-Shot/Show-Off Disease
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 03:11:50 +0000
 by: Anonymous - Mon, 20 Jun 2022 03:11 UTC

I bet that 100% of the people reading this had/have "The Disease". You overestimate someone's ability to understand, follow procedure, change culture, etc. It sucks to be in a jam and read some screwed up procedure or documentation, so the first reaction is to call.

This has some truth in it, but treat it as a work of fiction. I got calls during vacations and during sex but I did not change my "evil ways". One time during a "Pentecostal Revival" which basically means that you are so fucked that you can ONLY speak in tongues that nobody understands, I got the emergency call. My guess is the background music was That Smell by Lynyrd Skynyrd. The person on the other end was intelligent, knowledgeable and personally trained by me Da Hot-Shot. I eventually understood the words cold shower but it did not do the trick. I took it to the next level: cold bath with a couple of large ice-baggs. Eventually I figured out what was going on and was able to provide the relief needed.

Just some tips you have to remember:
1. Check that your nuts are in your body before draining the tub. It will spare you some after shock paranoia attack.
2. Do not use corded equipment in your bath tub. The US GFI (ground fault interrupts) are far superior to EU ones but why take that chance.
3. If you are not cured after such experience only death will suffice. I did not mention that a 5 day temporary injury did not work for a jackass like myself.

--
Posted on RetroBBS