register   nodelist   faq

rocksolid / rocksolid.nodes / def4 is not working (well)

SubjectAuthor
* def4 is not working (well)anonymous
+* Re: def4 is not working (well)anonymous
|`* Re: def4 is not working (well)anonymous
| `- Re: def4 is not working (well)anonymous
+- Re: def4 is not working (well)rrtertert
+- Re: def4 is not working (well)trw
`* Re: def4 is not working (well)trw
 `- Re: def4 is not working (well)AnonUser

Subject: Re: def4 is not working (well)
From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous) (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 00:03 UTC
took it off for now. something is wrong with the indexing, or something...-- Posted on def2

Subject: def4 is not working (well)
From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous) (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 18:42 UTC
new messages are not synced to def4 atm. most likely a local problem.
use def2 or another node for the time being.-- Posted on def2

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous) (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 22:28 UTC
Just saw these messages now. If def4 uses def5 (nntp), maybe check disk space? I did see an error yesterday from def5 that said out of space.

Also, have you changed the i2p tunnels outgoing to rocksolid2/0? It appears the ident hash has changed for both def2 and def5. If you didn't change anything, then I'll be curious why that happened.
--
Posted on def2

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous) (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 19:48 UTC
Just saw these messages now. If def4 uses def5 (nntp), maybe check disk
space? >I did see an error yesterday from def5 that said out of space.

I freed up some space, but the problem persists, I took the node off again. Guess the news server has some kind of hickup.

Also, have you changed the i2p tunnels outgoing to rocksolid2/0? It appears
the >ident hash has changed for both def2 and def5. If you didn't change anything, >then I'll be curious why that happened.

I did not change anything, restarted the router, though.-- Posted on def2

From: rrtertert@anon.com (rrtertert)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 09:01 UTC

turns out the messages have been synced (at least partly), but bbs did not display them. there must be some fuckup in the indexing engine. guess faulty regex.

Posted on def4

From: trw@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2019 12:00 UTC

I found some glitches in the code, and repaired most of them.
Some are a bit complex. Thinking about rewriting the indexing anyway...might be a good start with python...

cheers

trw

Posted on def4

From: trw@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 19:24 UTC

finally found a way to get around this darn space problem i had, so def4 should be much more stable in the future.
there are not many posters on def4, but a lot of lurkers or bots... so rejoice, we are back in business...

cheers

trw

Posted on def4

From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser) (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 23:53 UTC
trw wrote:

finally found a way to get around this darn space problem i had, so def4
should be much more stable in the future.
there are not many posters on def4, but a lot of lurkers or bots... so
rejoice, we are back in business...

Welcome back! more nodes = better

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light.