You will be given a post of trust and responsibility.

rocksolid / Rocksolid Nodes Help / Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)

SubjectAuthor
* social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Anonymous
+* social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
|`- social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
+* done, fixed it.Anonymous
|`- done, fixed it.AnonUser
+* wtf ?Anonymous
|`- wtf ?Retro Guy
+* NoneAnonymous
|+- NoneRetro Guy
|`* Noneanon
| `* Noneanonymous
|  `* Noneanonymous
|   +* Noneanon
|   |+- NoneRetro Guy
|   |`- NoneRetro Guy
|   `* NoneRetro Guy
|    `* Noneanon
|     `- NoneRetro Guy
+- another thoughtAnonymous
+- >I'm seeing all sorts of strange shit from def2.Anonymous
+* ok than, i will switch backAnonymous
|+- ok than, i will switch backanon
|`- ok than, i will switch backRetro Guy
+* social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anon
|`* social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
| +* social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anon
| |`* social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anonymous
| | `- social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anonymous
| `* social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
|  `* social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
|   `- social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anonymous
+- there are other issuesAnonymous
`* x referencesAnonymous
 `- x referencesRetro Guy

Pages:12
Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)

<bfde7d51fbca72a709ac279ecaade030@def4>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 14:19:14+0000
 by: anon - Wed, 3 Jun 2020 14:19 UTC

>Do you know if its sending a MODE READER command? Your nntp server, being local, may default to MODE STREAm.

no it does not, and i guess that's the problem (just verified with telnet).
thanks,

trw

Posted on def4

Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)

<490292fcb4f787fe564d06bad0f161f7$1@z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
From: anonymous@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 17:09 UTC
 by: anonymous - Wed, 3 Jun 2020 17:09 UTC

ok, that AND waiting for the server to respond AND supplying the right username/password finally allowed to use my own server. :-)

thanks,

trw
--
Posted on def2
z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion

Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)

<4880a62879c6de25bf33cc657156966c$1@192.168.0.220>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
From: anonymous@example.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 08:56 UTC
 by: anonymous - Thu, 4 Jun 2020 08:56 UTC

anonymous wrote:

> ok, that AND waiting for the server to respond AND supplying the right username/password finally allowed to use my own server. :-)

Lol, you should ask the admin of that server for an account :)

--
Posted on: rslight Debian test site
192.168.0.220

Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)

<00a644d4c26fc3205c332d1284009d5f$1@192.168.0.220>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
From: Retro Guy@example.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 08:58 UTC
 by: Retro Guy - Thu, 4 Jun 2020 08:58 UTC

Retro Guy wrote:

> anon wrote:

>> what would really help is if you could implement "BODY" in the rslight news server.
>> the lib i try to use now is using this command to get the message body, which works on your inn2, but not on rslight.

> I can do that. Give me a day or so, it's easy to implement. I already separate the header from the body, so sending it is no big deal.

BODY command is now implemented in the nntp server. It was simple and seems to be working fine.

I'll upload it in a bit and let you know it's there for download. You can also check it if you wish on the test server I sent a link to yesterday.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on: rslight Debian test site
192.168.0.220

Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)

<a0e754859be028f3d59a4cdc1926d135$1@192.168.0.220>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
From: Retro Guy@example.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 09:08 UTC
 by: Retro Guy - Thu, 4 Jun 2020 09:08 UTC

Retro Guy wrote:

> Retro Guy wrote:

>> anon wrote:

>>> what would really help is if you could implement "BODY" in the rslight news server.
>>> the lib i try to use now is using this command to get the message body, which works on your inn2, but not on rslight.

>> I can do that. Give me a day or so, it's easy to implement. I already separate the header from the body, so sending it is no big deal.

> BODY command is now implemented in the nntp server. It was simple and seems to be working fine.

> I'll upload it in a bit and let you know it's there for download. You can also check it if you wish on the test server I sent a link to yesterday.

It's uploaded and available on the download site now.

Of course, you'll need to kill the nntp server and let it restart after putting nntp.php in place.

Yes, I keep posting from a test site as this site contains the newest nntp.php and spoolnews.php and I want to put it to some work to see how they're doing.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on: rslight Debian test site
192.168.0.220

Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)

<b293b97c5b3ff34fc6595434aa4e43d9$1@z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
From: anonymous@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 17:23 UTC
 by: anonymous - Sun, 7 Jun 2020 17:23 UTC

something is up with rslight on def2, look at this:

http://z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=15&group=rocksolid.social#15

a message from programming in social. wtf ?
--
Posted on def2
z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion

there are other issues

<nh.263.2m04y1@anon.com>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: there are other issues
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 12:41:56 -0700
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 7 Jun 2020 19:41 UTC

several articles in programming show up twice, for example. i switched def2 completely to vichan now, rslight is still on: http://http://xkdf4p... for debugging and development purposes.
guess there is still some side effects from the import script, although i can really not figure what exactly is still happening.

cheers

trw

--
Posted on def2

x references

<nh.264.1ni3iv@anon.com>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: x references
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 13:53:26 -0700
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 7 Jun 2020 20:53 UTC

according to my logs, there are a lot of messages with x-references coming from your test server at 192.168.0.220.
rslight seems to digest them fine and just shows them on the board where the reference leads to.
vichan rejects them (it was a limitation, now it is a feature :-)).

--
Posted on def2

Re: x references

<58aaf5f918d0ddeb652e101864b1d28f$1@www.novabbs.com>

 copy mid   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: Re: x references
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 23:22 UTC
 by: Retro Guy - Sun, 7 Jun 2020 23:22 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

> according to my logs, there are a lot of messages with x-references coming from your test server at 192.168.0.220.
> rslight seems to digest them fine and just shows them on the board where the reference leads to.
> vichan rejects them (it was a limitation, now it is a feature :-)).

Yes, I've been messing with x-references lately. On my sites, they are showing up properly but I'm really just testing right now.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
www.novabbs.com