From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Subject: Any Good Schools Left? Looking for X classmates.
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 13:20:24 -0500
 by: Guest - Tue, 9 Feb 2021 18:20 UTC

Many decades ago when I went to school, the goals were: truth, understanding, continuity... the good things.

The best example of the deception that is going on today is the definition of "one meter".

1. The way I was tought:
one meter = Ancient infantry measuring unit called "double step" that was standardised before the "artilery man" Napoleon seized power. The context: French society was feelin theaten by empires North and East and needed to strengthen their army through "standard" knowledge.
2. The same definition "later".
Santa has to take X amount of "exact" 1 meter steps from the workshop at North Pole on the Paris Meridian to deliver well deserved gifts to Paris.
This is wrong on so many levels and is the brainchild of "copyrighted" author P.D. Enqule Merde (maybe some spelling mistake... but the correct idea is there).

3. Wikipedia and Today's Mind Confusion Current.
Reference to light speed in "perfect vacuum" and "zero gravity" (think that light does not leave "black holes"). This is a religion that only chosen few can explain it to the ignorant masses.

If anybody else attended a good school... we were probably school mates because I did not find any other people other than my old schoool albums. Oh crap... now "they" can trace me by narrowing the list down.

--
Posted on def3

Re: Any Good Schools Left? Looking for X classmates.

<et.891.xl467@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=117&group=rocksolid.shared.entertainment#117

From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Subject: Re: Any Good Schools Left? Looking for X classmates
.
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 01:16:05 -0800
logging-data="9214"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 10 Feb 2021 09:16 UTC

I have never heard about the first two definitions. LIke I heard it the first meter was just a metal rod that was serving as a scale. It was agreed upon by a number of scientists.
But why does scientific progress (like defining a distance with a universal constant) bother you ? For the everyday application you have tools that anybody can handle, without understanding where it came from.

--
Posted on def2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metre

<et.892.9ttna@anon.com>

 copy mid

https://rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=118&group=rocksolid.shared.entertainment#118

From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Subject: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metre
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 01:29:31 -0800
logging-data="15047"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 10 Feb 2021 09:29 UTC
Attachments: 1610355326855-1.jpg (image/jpeg)

The metre is currently defined as the length of the path travelled by light in a vacuum in 1/299 792 458 of a second.

The metre was originally defined in 1793 as one ten-millionth of the distance from the equator to the North Pole along a great circle, so the Earth's circumference is approximately 40000 km. In 1799, the metre was redefined in terms of a prototype metre bar (the actual bar used was changed in 1889). In 1960, the metre was redefined in terms of a certain number of wavelengths of a certain emission line of krypton-86. The current definition was adopted in 1983 and modified slightly in 2002 to clarify that the metre is a measure of proper length.

Attachments: 1610355326855-1.jpg
Re: https:??en.wikipedia.org?wiki?Metre

<s0epp5$19i$1@novabbs.org>

 copy mid

https://rocksolidbbs.com/rocksolid/article-flat.php?id=121&group=rocksolid.shared.entertainment#121

From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.entertainment
Subject: Re: https:??en.wikipedia.org?wiki?Metre
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 16:42:02 -0500
 by: Guest - Mon, 15 Feb 2021 21:42 UTC

Gravity is an essential component. Light can't leave black-holes and gets bent... Anyway this definitions are useless since they do have the rode. Check out infantry double step to see how many definitions are because they are important... and some warfare ... In my opinion the whole thing is a lie.

--
Posted on def3