From: arrl.de.wd1cks@VERT/WLARB (ARRL de WD1CKS)
To: QST
Subject: MFJ Ceasing On-Site Production
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 21:13:15 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: ARRL de WD1CKS - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 21:13 UTC

04/26/2024 MFJ Enterprises, Inc founder Martin F. Jue, K5FLU, announced that
as of May 17, 2024, the company will cease on-site production at their
Starkville, Mississippi, facility. Ameritron, Hy-Gain, Cushcraft, Mirage, and
Vectronics brand products will be affected by the shutdown.   In a letter
posted to social media, Jue said he is looking forward to retiring.   Times
have changed since I started this business 52 years ago. Our product line grew
and grew and prospered. Covid changed everything [for] businesses, including
ours. It was the hardest hit that we have ever had, and we never fully
recovered.   I turned 80 this year. I had never really considered retirement,
but life is so short, and my time with my family is so precious.   Jue founded
MFJ Enterprises in 1972, after building a CW filter kit that sold for less than
$10. Since 1990, the company has acquired several other legacy brands within
the amateur radio market. Jue shared that the company will remain open to sell
existing inventory because they have "a lot of stock on hand." They will also
continue to offer repair services for the foreseeable future.   Jue expressed
gratitude to the many longtime employees of MFJ, some of whom have been with
the company for 40 years. He also thanked MFJ dealers and radio amateurs for
their patronage over the decades.

---
■ Synchronet ■ Whiskey Lover's Amateur Radio BBS

dovenet / HAM Radio / MFJ Ceasing On-Site Production