Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 17:17:09 -0400
From: forgetski@_INVALID.net (bad sector)
Subject: quoted text color(s)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
 by: bad sector - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 21:17 UTC

My dark-themed thunderbird window has a white message window for some
reason, I don't have any issues with this as such but the composition
window is dark, and this runs into a quoted-text color issue which grown
up developers would have cought before it started breathing. I try gray
for quoted-text but that's not even an acceptable band-aid, what's the
fix? I like dark themes in dark and white ones in sunlight but haven't
even started going there, yet.

--
“Wish in one hand, shit in the other, see which one fills up first.”
Stephen King, The Dark Tower

Re: quoted text color(s)

<v0mjdp$19vm8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4126&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#4126

From: alan@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: Re: quoted text color(s)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 18:43:05 -0400
 by: Big Al - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 22:43 UTC

On 4/28/24 05:17 PM, bad sector wrote:

> My dark-themed thunderbird window has a white message window for some reason, I don't have any
> issues with this as such but the composition window is dark, and this runs into a quoted-text color
> issue which grown up developers would have cought before it started breathing. I try gray for
> quoted-text but that's not even an acceptable band-aid, what's the fix? I like dark themes in dark
> and white ones in sunlight but haven't even started going there, yet.

In config editor you can change the background/text colors in compose.

Search msgcompose

for me background #c0bfbc Text #000000

Not sure how, but I changed my quoted text to pastel bg & darkblue text.
--
LMDE 6 (faye) Cinnamon 6.0.4 Kernel 6.1.0-20-amd64
Al

Re: quoted text color(s)

<v0mjkg$1a3ih$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4127&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#4127

From: alan@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 18:46:40 -0400
 by: Big Al - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 22:46 UTC

On 4/28/24 06:43 PM, Big Al wrote:
> On 4/28/24 05:17 PM, bad sector wrote:
>>
>> My dark-themed thunderbird window has a white message window for some reason, I don't have any
>> issues with this as such but the composition window is dark, and this runs into a quoted-text
>> color issue which grown up developers would have cought before it started breathing. I try gray
>> for quoted-text but that's not even an acceptable band-aid, what's the fix? I like dark themes in
>> dark and white ones in sunlight but haven't even started going there, yet.
>>

> In config editor you can change the background/text colors in compose.
>
> Search msgcompose
>
> for me  background #c0bfbc   Text #000000
>
> Not sure how, but I changed my quoted text to pastel bg & darkblue text.
And I take that back.
I put code in my chrome folder, userContent.css

/* Quoted text colour for plain text */
span[_moz_quote="true"] {
color: navy !important;
background-color: mistyrose !important; }

pre[_moz_quote="true"] {
color: navy !important;
background-color: mistyrose !important; }

--
LMDE 6 (faye) Cinnamon 6.0.4 Kernel 6.1.0-20-amd64
Al

Re: quoted text color(s)

<Y5ucnYeV2osfTrP7nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4128&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#4128

Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 18:53:54 -0400
From: forgetski@_INVALID.net (bad sector)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
 by: bad sector - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 22:53 UTC

On 4/28/24 18:46, Big Al wrote:
> On 4/28/24 06:43 PM, Big Al wrote:
>> On 4/28/24 05:17 PM, bad sector wrote:
>>>
>>> My dark-themed thunderbird window has a white message window for some
>>> reason, I don't have any issues with this as such but the composition
>>> window is dark, and this runs into a quoted-text color issue which
>>> grown up developers would have cought before it started breathing. I
>>> try gray for quoted-text but that's not even an acceptable band-aid,
>>> what's the fix? I like dark themes in dark and white ones in sunlight
>>> but haven't even started going there, yet.
>>>

>> In config editor you can change the background/text colors in compose.
>>
>> Search msgcompose
>>
>> for me  background #c0bfbc   Text #000000
>>
>> Not sure how, but I changed my quoted text to pastel bg & darkblue text.
> And I take that back.
> I put code in my chrome folder, userContent.css
>
> /* Quoted text colour for plain text */
> span[_moz_quote="true"] {
>   color: navy !important;
>   background-color: mistyrose !important; }
>
> pre[_moz_quote="true"] {
>   color: navy !important;
>   background-color: mistyrose !important; }

that's cheating AND above my paygrade (with 4-7 OSes, at least two
newsreaders and at least two computers) :-)

but thanks, I kept the code just in case!

computers / alt.comp.software.thunderbird / Re: quoted text color(s)